Monday 4 March 2013

Day as a Runner / Work Experience

This will later be in cooperated in my evaluation as I think I will reach a point of 'what would I have done differently?' Today I started my work experience as a runner / assistant to DoP for Providence Films, doing a drama piece for the NHS. This is the most beneficial filming course / experience I have ever had. I learnt so much, such as filters, lighting and changing lenses (when filming with a DSLR which is what I done) that I have never even thought about before.
This was a 13 hour shoot starting at 6am with half an hour break at 2, which was pretty intense but so beneficial.
I learnt how to use flood lighting with filters and defuses to give the 'soft day-light look' and how to direct light naturally into a shot; e.g. such as behind a door. I also learnt a lot about match box filming, where a match box (a filter box that goes over the lens  is placed or balanced on the counter weight bars, with the key ring to filter out all light when a glass filter is placed in. This is used to create a certain look with the lighting. This is all stuff I wish I had to take into consideration when filming the music video, I may not have had access to all of this but still looking at it or considering it, particularly with the house scenes, would have been good.
I filmed with Cannon 50mm lens, 2405 L Lens and a 7200 'the big daddy' lens.

Since I learnt so much, I added this to my film journal.









No comments:

Post a Comment