Tuesday 25 September 2012

Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns






















 
 
This is the CD / digi pack for Linkin Park A Thousand Suns (2010).
Although Linkin Park are a little heavyier than the songs we're currently looking that - though their still atnerative rock - is worth a good look at, why? Because when you look at the CD / digi pack, you get a real nice sense of artist integrity. Personally (as these are my CD's anyways) I feel like I'm getting my money's worth from the band, I feel like it's more like a project than some speel to become famous / make money. I love the digi pack (and apart from Meteora ) this is my favourite digi pack. Whilst there's a bit of art, there's a lot of photoshop too, and you get these cool, funky images which reflects the ideals of the songs. It's really eye catching, colourful and where there's text and an image, the composistion normally focuses on the centre of the sheet and looks towards using black and white as a comparsion point to appeal more to the buyer - what's more is that they keep that convention of black on white, the alternative contrast. I also think the CD case is pretty cool too, like a lot of their CD cases, they're a three part fold out (this one particularly as its a special DVD edition, as the normal CD cover is white) and this special edition one has a shiny one. Whilst the cover has that black/white contrast, which is normally conventional I found it really, really, really boring; at least the digi pack inside makes up for it. Inside, when you open it, to the left is the CD, the middle the digi pack and a Linkin Park Undeground pass and on the right the DVD. I scanned the Linkin Park Undgerground pass (basically an intense way to follow them) which is cool because they have that black/whie contrast, their logo, the digital disortion which reflects the tone their music have taken as well. What I love about this digi pack is that you get a real sense of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment