Tuesday 23 October 2012

Update

As I wasn't able to get in today and won't be able to tomorrow, I am still waiting to hear from Reece and Sean about script and storyboarding - whilst I read Reece's update the other day, it was more of a justification for doing certain scenes, rather than an actual script and Sean has not yet produced one; with Sean away tomorrow as well, this process will be detailed. Part of the blame is to go to me for being unable to come in, but these reasons are external and important and these planning stages cannot be fully reliant on contact time in class, so it would be nice if the boy's could contact me about planning via facebook or texting - in reality it wouldn't be that hard.
If they want it done (which in reality it will have to) I and Reece will have to make decisions by this sunday so that I can story board as I am away filming next week for NSA unless he wants to take this responsibility. Our planning needs to be complete by this week or the half term at most so that we can start filming in the first week of November.
Working with camera's is still a possibility, though I have recently been looking into the

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 as it good video recording capabilities and is reasonably priced. Whilst working with higher quality cameras isn't the be all and end all, it would help in this project to create a better looking video as of course our video needs to improve from last year as well. This could be a possibility as I do have money saved up as I have been thinking about getting a camera, whilst is a DSLR camera compact and not a DSLR or professional camcorder, from what I've seen it will still do the job (as advised from my DoP mentor Kyle from NSA).

2 comments:

  1. Hope that you're feeling a little better, and that the course has gone well. A progress report would be helpful in the next couple of days...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sorry for not keeping in contact in Cyprus, Wifi is appalling there, but i'm back this morning, how is the script going storyboard etc? If it's possible can you show what we have so far in afternoon tutor and that we can run through things etc etc. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete